Psychologist/Counsellor/Accredited Mental Health Social Worker/Occupational Therapist
Permanent employed full-time or part-time position.
“Lakeside Psychology is a wonderful workplace to be a part of. I love the diverse clientele that I work with and that these are closely aligned with my interests. The clinic’s culture is a highlight for me. Having supportive management and co-workers is very important in the work we do and management is continually working to create the best environment to be in. I feel very supported as an early career psychologist at Lakeside Psychology through supervision, PD and a knowledgeable team, and couldn’t recommend it more highly.” – Psychologist
- Permanent employed (salaried) part or full-time position
- A fantastic team of fun and supportive colleagues
- A work culture of care, support and professional development
- Work with preferred client groups
Lakeside Psychology is looking for an experienced therapist (Psychologist/Counsellor/Accredited Mental Health Social Worker/Occupational Therapist) with a passion for attachment-orientated practice to join our team. You will have the freedom to work with your preferred client groups with a wide range of presentations and under various funding programs (e.g., Medicare, private, NDIS etc.). The position is permanently employed full- or part-time, offering job security and full entitlements. We cap consultations to ensure that you have time to complete admin tasks and supervision within your rostered hours and you don’t take work home.
About Lakeside Psychology
Lakeside Psychology is a group practice that provides attachment-oriented psychological services across the lifespan. We have psychologists with varying levels of experience and experienced directors. We are driven by values of excellence, compassion, integrity, passion and positivity, and are committed to providing exceptional services and experiences to clients, staff, and the broader community. We believe attachment plays a significant role in all of life experiences, and that we as humans are our best selves when we feel connected, valued and safe; so we continually strive to provide a caring, supportive and fun environment for our staff.
We have full-time, on-site administrative staff to help our psychologists focus on what they do best – helping their clients. Our positions allow for flexible work arrangements, and opportunities to work from home.
Why work at Lakeside Psychology?
“Management genuinely and sincerely values a vision of compassion, and supporting those in our community. They are passionate, creative and curious in their personal development, and, in their contribution towards the development of the team and the organization. I appreciate how management are open to the new ideas of team members, and prioritizing listening to the thoughts and concerns of staff members and their well-being and job satisfaction – including a good work/life balance. I enjoy peer supervision and how the team works collaboratively with each other.” – Psychologist
We understand what it takes to be there for your clients, so we make sure we take care of the rest for you:
- Employment security: in these uncertain times, job security is vital; feel confident knowing that your position and your income is secure.
- Team environment: be part of a real team, where you can be yourself, forge new friendships while also growing professionally.
- Administration support: all the support you need so that you can focus on helping your clients.
- Supervision: free regular individual and peer supervision with experienced psychologists.
- Professional development: individualized professional development plan and professional development allowance.
- Resource library: all the tools you need, including iPads, Q-Interactive on iPads, ADOS-2, YARC, online outcome measures software, numerous videos for training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT)
- Income supplementation: opportunities for bonuses to help save for that holiday.
- Postgraduate qualification in psychology/counselling/social work or higher
- Accredited Mental Health Social Workers (for Social Workers)
- Registration with relevant professional body
Experience & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience providing attachment-based assessment and intervention for psychological distress and disorder (desirable).
- Experience providing assessment and treatment for a range of presenting problems and psychological disorders for children and adolescents (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience in providing cognitive and developmental assessments such as the ADOS, WISC and WAIS (desirable)
- Experience providing services under Medicare, NDIS, TAC, Victims of Crime etc. (desirable)
- Desire to continue to learn and grow.
- Being passionate about providing exceptional, client-centered services.
- Working effectively on your own and within a team environment.
- High level of self-awareness, including strengths and areas for further development.
- Ability to admit mistakes and use them opportunities for learning, growth and development.
- Committed to values of excellence, compassion, integrity, passion and positivity.
For more information
Please contact Michael Tomek (Director) or Leah Henzen (Director) on 5941 3575 or via email at email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please send your cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your CV.