Permanent employed full-time/part-time
Lakeside Psychology has a unique and exciting opportunity available for a passionate and experienced Child and Adolescent Psychologist. As our Senior Child and Adolescent Psychologist, you will lead our team of emerging and mid-experienced psychologists as we move into our new purpose-built clinic (completion due late 2020 – early 2021). You will play a pivotal role in developing and expanding our services to include additional treatment programs including TheraplayTM, art-therapy, pet-therapy, and attachment-based therapies (DDP, EFT, ABFT). You will guide and support our child and adolescent team by providing training and supervision, while also positively impacting the lives of children, adolescents and their families through clinical assessment and treatment. All of this, in a supportive environment with flexible hours and a work-at-home component if desired.
About Lakeside Psychology
Lakeside Psychology is driven by strong values of excellence, compassion, integrity, passion and positivity, and we are committed to providing an exceptional service across the board – to our clients, to our staff, and to the broader community. We prioritize the professional development and well-being of our staff, and strive for a stimulating professional environment and a rewarding experience as a psychologist.
We currently practice from Lakeside, Pakenham, however are currently in the process of building a brand new, innovative clinic in Officer. This new clinic will allow for a wider scope of treatment modalities and training programs with the use of an observation room, audio-visual technology, and outdoor treatment space.
Why work at Lakeside Psychology?
You will have the opportunity to use your clinical knowledge in developing exciting treatments in a purpose-built clinic, with facilities and a supportive organisational structure to help you thrive.
We understand what it takes to be there for your clients and colleagues, so we make sure we take care of the rest for you:
- Employment security: this is a permanent position with all the entitlements you deserve. During the uncertain times around COVID-19, feel confident knowing that your position is secure.
- Team environment: be part of a real team, not just another person with an ABN working alone.
- Administration support: all the support you need so that you can focus on helping your clients.
- Supervision: free regular individual and peer supervision with an experienced psychologist.
- Professional development: receive an individualized professional development plan tailored specifically to you, and attend professional development with help from our PD allowance.
- Resource library: access all the tools you need, including iPads, Q-Interactive on iPads, ADOS-2, YARC, online outcome measures software, and numerous assessments and resources in our exciting new clinic.
- Income supplementation: have opportunities for bonuses to help save up for that holiday.
And finally working at Lakeside Psychology will give you the chance to also be able to say:
“What I love about working at Lakeside Psychology is that there is a supportive environment that is friendly, and dedicated to psychologists and staff. We have a culture of learning, professional development and passion, and also of continuous feedback from staff to strive for excellence. I have really grown to love Pakenham, and the clients who live in the area are great to work with.”
Education & Experience:
- Registered with Psychology Board of Australia (endorsement in educational/developmental clinical or counselling psychology desirable).
- Registered as a Board Approved Supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia (desirable).
- Assessing and treating children and adolescents for a range of presenting problems and psychological disorders based on holistic and systematic approaches.
- Administering and reporting on range of psychoeducational assessments with children and adolescents for intellectual disability, giftedness and learning disorders (desirable).
- Providing services under a range of funding programs (e.g., Medicare, NDIS, DSS etc.).
- Providing a senior role and leadership to other psychologists within an organisation/clinic setting (desirable).
- Create and coordinate an innovative, evidence-based and best-practice child and adolescent psychological service (assessment, therapy and training) based on holistic and systematic approaches.
- Provide high quality family-inclusive psychological and psychoeducational assessment services to children and adolescents with a range of presenting problems and psychological disorders.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other staff as needed in terms of clinical, ethical and organizational matters.
- Create and coordinate a training and professional development system for emerging and mid-experienced psychologists and external psychologists (e.g. interns).
- Design and coordinate a training and development program to support the professional development external psychologists (e.g., interns).
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with external agencies (e.g., health professionals, schools, kindergartens etc.).
- Being passionate about providing exceptional, client-centred services.
- Working effectively on your own and within a team environment.
- Highly motivated and innovative attitude toward service delivery.
- Capacity to hold a broad view perspective to regularly evaluate service delivery and best-practice principles.
- High level of self-awareness, including areas of interpersonal strengths and for development.
- Ability to admit mistakes and use for opportunities for learning, growth and development.
- Committed to values of excellence, compassion, integrity, passion and positivity.
- Registered (or eligible to be) with Medicare Australia.
- Registered (or eligible to be) WorkCover and Transport Accident Commission (TAC) provider
- Current Professional Indemnity Insurance, and Working with Children and Police Check.
For more information, please contact Michael Tomek (Clinical Director) on 5941 3575, or by email: email@example.com. To apply, please send your cover letter addressing the experience and key responsibilities along with your CV to Michael Tomek by 19 April, 2021 (the position may be filled earlier so please apply early).