Psychologist – Permanent employed full/part-time
Salary range: $80,000 – $130,000
- Permanent employed part-time position within established group practice with a supportive, fun and highly skilled team
- Get excited about our new purpose-built clinic (completion due mid 2022) with the use of an observation room for intervention, training and supervision using audio-visual technology, space for outdoor treatment, art and sand play and pet therapy.
Lakeside Psychology is looking for a passionate Psychologist to join our team for 2 days per week – with opportunities to expand to full-time position in the new clinic. You will join a supportive, fun and highly skilled team and have the freedom to establish your preferred client base and make a positive impact on your clients and our community. The position allows for flexible work arrangements, with potential opportunities to work from home.
About Lakeside Psychology
Lakeside Psychology is driven by strong values of excellence, compassion, integrity, passion and positivity. We are committed to providing an exceptional service across the board – to our clients, to our staff, and to the broader community. Our psychologists have various areas of interest from working with children and adolescents, adults, couples and families, and we’d love to hear about yours!
Lakeside Psychology has a supportive organisational structure. We prioritise the professional development and well-being of our staff, and we strive for a stimulating professional environment and a rewarding experience as a psychologist. We are currently based in the Lakeside estate in Pakenham, however are in the process of building a brand-new clinic in Officer, which will allow even further scope for interactive, engaging treatment modalities including pet therapy, outdoor interventions, art and sand play to name a few.
Why work at Lakeside Psychology? So that you can also say this about your workplace:
“Lakeside Psychology is a wonderful workplace to be a part of. I love the diverse clientele that I work with and that these are closely aligned with my interests. The clinic’s culture is a highlight for me. Having supportive management and coworkers is very important in the work we do and management is continually working to create the best environment to be in. I feel very supported as an early career psychologist at Lakeside Psychology through supervision, PD and a knowledgeable team, and couldn’t recommend it more highly.” – Psychologist
“Management genuinely and sincerely value a vision of compassion, and supporting those in our community. They are passionate, creative and curious in their personal development, and, in their contribution towards the development of the team and the organization. I appreciate how management are open to the new ideas of team members, and prioritizing listening to the thoughts and concerns of staff members and their well-being and job satisfaction – including a good work/life balance. I enjoy peer supervision and how the team works collaboratively with each other.” – Psychologist
We understand what it takes to be there for your clients, so we make sure we take care of the rest:
- Employment security: this is a permanent position with all the entitlements you deserve. During the uncertain times around COVID-19, feel confident knowing that your position is secure.
- Team environment: be part of a real team. Having fun, supporting each other, social lunches, full team planning days and learning together is all part of what it means to be part of Lakeside Psychology.
- Complete administrative support: highly trained physically present and full-time administrative assistance team so that you can focus on helping your clients.
- Free supervision: regular individual and peer supervision with a Board-Approved supervisor.
- Professional development: individualised career training and professional development plan tailored specifically to you, and attend professional development with help from our PD allowance
- Resource library: access all the tools you need, including iPads, Q-Interactive on iPads, ADOS-2, YARC, numerous assessments via our online outcome measures software, numerous videos for training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), etc.
- Income supplementation: have opportunities for bonuses to help save up for that holiday.
- Postgraduate qualification in psychology or higher (graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Registration with Psychology Board of Australia
Experience & Skills:
- Assessment and treatment for a range of presenting problems and psychological disorders
- Experience working with children and adolescents is highly desirable
- Experience providing services via a range of funding programs (e.g. Medicare, NDIS, TAC, Victims of Crime etc.).
- Experience providing attachment-based approaches and interventions highly desirable
- Being passionate about providing exceptional, client-centred services.
- Working effectively on your own and within a team environment.
- Highly motivated and innovative attitude toward service delivery.
- High level of self-awareness, including areas of interpersonal strengths and areas for further development.
- Ability to admit mistakes and use them opportunities for learning, growth and development.
- Committed to values of excellence, compassion, integrity, passion and positivity.
- Registration (or eligible to be) with Medicare Australia.
- Current Professional Indemnity Insurance, and Working with Children and Police Check.
- Proof of COVID vaccination status
For more information, please contact Michael Tomek (Director) on 5941 3575, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please send your cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your CV to Michael Tomek.